What if the Nokia 3310 had included a book eReader?
|Action||Keyboard||Numpad (phone keypad)|
|Confirm||Space / Return / Enter||5|
|Back||Backspace / Escape||7|
|Next Page||Down arrow / PgDn||2|
|Previous Page||Up arrow / PgUp||8|
|Next Chapter||Right arrow||6|
|Previous Chapter||Left arrow||4|
All included books are part of the public domain and can be freely redistributed.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
- Frankenstein: Or, The Modern Prometheus by Mary W. Shelley
- Moby-Dick; or, The Whale by Herman Melville
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- A Study In Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
This project was created in a few days for Nokia Jam 3. The goal was to make something matching the restrictions of the old indestructible Nokia 3310 phone. The main constraints were the two color palette and the 84x48 resolution.
The Nokia 3310 was actually my first ever phone and my introduction to texting. The font and menus are the most nostalgic elements for me, so I decided to make something that focused on those.
Source Code and Licenses
The source code for this project is available on GitHub under the MIT license. All included books are part of the public domain and can be freely redistributed. The Nokia font was recreated by Zeh Fernando and is also freely redistributable.
- Book conversion processMar 07, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.